JLA FORUMS Logo
Register Login
Search JLA Forums Memberlist Groups
Music & Videos Photo Galleries Chat
Links FAQ Info and Help

Popular Forums Premium Content Sections Cars & Trucks Classifieds: United States Canada
Computers & Technology Politics Religion
Bookmark topic Email topic to a friend Print this topic page
Subscribe to RSS feed for JLA FORUMS - Studebaker Subscribe to ATOM feed for JLA FORUMS - Studebaker

Post new topic Reply to topic JLA FORUMS -> Cars & Trucks -> Antique Cars -> Studebaker Share on Facebook Tweet - share a link with your Twitter followers Share on Google
Message Author
Post Link Posted: Thu Apr 20 2006 5:21 pm
Post subject: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to S2BAKER Reply with quote





Hello everyone. I'm looking for a pair of front turn lamps for a '63
Avanti. I need the actual castings as the Avanti I just purchased was
missing these items. I have some parts for trade (mostly '53/'54 stuff)
or could purchase outright. Thanks for your time and consideration.
-Will





Avanti Parts
Sponsored Link












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 12:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to WayneC Reply with quote



S2BAKER wrote:

Quote:
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a pair of front turn lamps for a '63
Avanti. I need the actual castings as the Avanti I just purchased was
missing these items. I have some parts for trade (mostly '53/'54 stuff)
or could purchase outright. Thanks for your time and consideration.
-Will


Here: tinyurl..../mfu9m ...near the bottom of the page (no image)












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 2:59 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to S2BAKER Reply with quote



Thanks WayneC! Didn't know that site existed. Any other Avanti specific
vendors I should know about. I'm new to Avanti's but not to
Studebakers. Thanks again -Will

WayneC wrote:

Quote:
S2BAKER wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a pair of front turn lamps for a '63
Avanti. I need the actual castings as the Avanti I just purchased was
missing these items. I have some parts for trade (mostly '53/'54 stuff)
or could purchase outright. Thanks for your time and consideration.
-Will


Here: tinyurl..../mfu9m ...near the bottom of the page (no image)












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 3:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to WayneC Reply with quote



S2BAKER wrote:

Quote:
Thanks WayneC! Didn't know that site existed. Any other Avanti specific
vendors I should know about. I'm new to Avanti's but not to
Studebakers. Thanks again -Will

Nostalgic is about the only pure Avanti parts vendor I'm aware of. They
(Dan Booth and his wife Betty)have been in the business over 30 years.
They bought all the pre-Blake Avanti parts when Avanti sold to Carfaro,
who moved the company to Ohio.
They procure repro parts in some instances where parts are no longer
available (like the parking and tail light housings).

Here's a couple of other items:

Avanti Owners Assoc forum: tinyurl..../p8wu3

Avanti Parts & Restorations, Morrisville PA
**contact number**
Meyers Studebaker Parts, Duncan Falls OH
**contact number**
Dave Thibeault, Maynard MA
**contact number**

www.avantiparts.... used to be an active site, but isn't
online today, maybe try it in the future












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 4:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to John Poulos Reply with quote



It would be nice if they answered the phone, been calling all day.

WayneC wrote:

Quote:
S2BAKER wrote:

Thanks WayneC! Didn't know that site existed. Any other Avanti specific
vendors I should know about. I'm new to Avanti's but not to
Studebakers. Thanks again -Will


Nostalgic is about the only pure Avanti parts vendor I'm aware of. They
(Dan Booth and his wife Betty)have been in the business over 30 years.
They bought all the pre-Blake Avanti parts when Avanti sold to Carfaro,
who moved the company to Ohio.
They procure repro parts in some instances where parts are no longer
available (like the parking and tail light housings).

Here's a couple of other items:

Avanti Owners Assoc forum: tinyurl..../p8wu3

Avanti Parts & Restorations, Morrisville PA **contact number**
Meyers Studebaker Parts, Duncan Falls OH
**contact number**
Dave Thibeault, Maynard MA
**contact number**

www.avantiparts.... used to be an active site, but isn't online
today, maybe try it in the future




--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net stude....
My Ebay items:http://www.stude.com/EBAY/
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti R1
62 Lark 2 door
60 Hawk
53 Starlight












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 4:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to WayneC Reply with quote



John Poulos wrote:

Quote:
It would be nice if they answered the phone, been calling all day.


Do you mean Nostalgic? Maybe they're taking a vacation (but I would
think there'd be an
answering machine)

John, do you still need a radiator? I seem to remember having one around
here
somewhere and keeping it for possible spare... but if it's the one I'm
thinking of,
and if I can find it, it would need to be recored (not to mention
shipping from CA).
What's it worth?












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 6:10 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to John Poulos Reply with quote



I found one, picking it up in South Bend. BTW, $200-$250 for a nice
used one in the going rate, maybe $100 for one needing a core.

WayneC wrote:

Quote:
John Poulos wrote:

It would be nice if they answered the phone, been calling all day.


Do you mean Nostalgic? Maybe they're taking a vacation (but I would
think there'd be an
answering machine)

John, do you still need a radiator? I seem to remember having one around
here
somewhere and keeping it for possible spare... but if it's the one I'm
thinking of,
and if I can find it, it would need to be recored (not to mention
shipping from CA).
What's it worth?

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net stude....
My Ebay items:http://www.stude.com/EBAY/
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti R1
62 Lark 2 door
60 Hawk
53 Starlight












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 7:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to SilverStude Reply with quote



John Poulos wrote:

Quote:
It would be nice if they answered the phone, been calling all day.

WayneC wrote:
S2BAKER wrote:

Thanks WayneC! Didn't know that site existed. Any other Avanti specific
vendors I should know about. I'm new to Avanti's but not to
Studebakers. Thanks again -Will


Nostalgic is about the only pure Avanti parts vendor I'm aware of. They
(Dan Booth and his wife Betty)have been in the business over 30 years.
They bought all the pre-Blake Avanti parts when Avanti sold to Carfaro,
who moved the company to Ohio.
They procure repro parts in some instances where parts are no longer
available (like the parking and tail light housings).

Here's a couple of other items:

Avanti Owners Assoc forum: tinyurl..../p8wu3

Avanti Parts & Restorations, Morrisville PA **contact number**
Meyers Studebaker Parts, Duncan Falls OH
**contact number**
Dave Thibeault, Maynard MA
**contact number**

www.avantiparts.... used to be an active site, but isn't
online today, maybe try it in the future




They probably went to Palm Springs for the Avanti bash.... Apr 23 - 29












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 7:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to John Poulos Reply with quote



That explains it.



Quote:

They probably went to Palm Springs for the Avanti bash.... Apr 23 - 29

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net stude....
My Ebay items:http://www.stude.com/EBAY/
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti R1
62 Lark 2 door
60 Hawk
53 Starlight












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
Back to top
Post Link Posted: Fri Apr 21 2006 9:27 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking For Avanti Parts
Reply to Lenny Reply with quote



John Poulos wrote:

Quote:
It would be nice if they answered the phone, been calling all day.

WayneC wrote:
S2BAKER wrote:

Thanks WayneC! Didn't know that site existed. Any other Avanti specific
vendors I should know about. I'm new to Avanti's but not to
Studebakers. Thanks again -Will


Nostalgic is about the only pure Avanti parts vendor I'm aware of. They
(Dan Booth and his wife Betty)have been in the business over 30 years.
They bought all the pre-Blake Avanti parts when Avanti sold to Carfaro,
who moved the company to Ohio.
They procure repro parts in some instances where parts are no longer
available (like the parking and tail light housings).

Here's a couple of other items:

Avanti Owners Assoc forum: tinyurl..../p8wu3

Avanti Parts & Restorations, Morrisville PA **contact number**
Meyers Studebaker Parts, Duncan Falls OH
**contact number**
Dave Thibeault, Maynard MA
**contact number**

www.avantiparts.... used to be an active site, but isn't online
today, maybe try it in the future
John
Nostalgic Motors open monday---thursday 10am--4:30
Good luck with your cheap Avanti.
Lenny


l
l

Quote:


--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net stude....
My Ebay items:http://www.stude.com/EBAY/
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti R1
62 Lark 2 door
60 Hawk
53 Starlight












Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport


Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
JLA FORUMS -> Cars & Trucks -> Antique Cars -> Studebaker All times are GMT - 4 Hours


JLA FORUMS - One of the largest message boards on the web!

Privacy Statement
You are not permitted to use this website if you under the age of 18.
By using this website you affirm that you understand and agree to our Terms of Service.

This website is best viewed at 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
© 1998-2014 JLA FORUMS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2014 phpBB Group