JLA FORUMS Logo
Register Login
Search JLA Forums Memberlist Groups
Music & Videos Photo Galleries Chat
Links FAQ Info and Help

Popular Forums Premium Content Sections Cars & Trucks Classifieds: United States Canada
Computers & Technology Politics Religion
Bookmark topic Email topic to a friend Print this topic page
Subscribe to RSS feed for JLA FORUMS - FOR SALE - Western Massachusetts Subscribe to ATOM feed for JLA FORUMS - FOR SALE - Western Massachusetts

Post new topic Reply to topic JLA FORUMS -> Classifieds -> FOR SALE - New England -> FOR SALE - Western Massachusetts Share on Facebook Tweet - share a link with your Twitter followers Share on Google
Message Author
Post Link Posted: Sat Dec 19 2009 12:02 am
Post subject: 2 Athena AS-F2-1 Audition Series 2-Way Floorstandin Speaker
Reply to HAL 9000 Reply with quote

There are 2 Speakers that you get. They are in excellent condition and work fantastically. They sound is amazing, I paid over $499.99 a piece for these speakers and if you shop around they still sell for $250.00 and up and that's just one speaker!!!! I am only selling them because I need money for the holidays. This would be a great gift to give your husband, boyfriend, or yourself. I have actual photos that you can see. I will move them for you but I am only willing to go so far. may charge extra for gas. Also, you can come to my house and hear them so you know they work. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Technical Details

* Single high-quality 2-way floorstanding speaker for use in a stereo or home theater system

* Dual 8-inch injection-molded polypropylene cone woofers and 1-inch Teteron dome tweeter

* 35 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response; 250 watts power handling; 8 ohm impedance

* Magnetically shielded against video interference; gold-plated 5-way binding post connections

* Attractive black ash finish; measures 9.5 x 41.5 x 15.5 inches (W x H x D)

Product Description

Combining the bass output and high sound pressure of pro audio speakers with the refinement and sound quality of audiophile home models, the Athena AS-F2-1 floorstanding speaker makes an outstanding addition to a stereo or home theater system. The speaker--which is packaged singly--is equipped with dual 8-inch injection-molded polypropylene cone woofers with rubber surrounds that handle the lows and mids, along with a 1-inch Teteron dome tweeter that reproduces amazingly crisp, detailed highs. The drivers team up to produce an impressive 35 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response that sounds terrific on its own but also blends beautifully with other speakers in a surround sound configuration.

The AS-F2-1 excels because of its elite cabinet design and quality driver construction. The speaker is made of medium-density fiberboard (MDF), a dense, consistent wood material that ensures both great sound and minimum resonance. The MDF front baffle is also specially shaped to improve the dispersion and highlight the speaker aesthetics. The woofers, meanwhile, are built for high performance, high efficiency, durability, and--of course--topnotch sound. The cones' injection-molded polypropylene stays rigid during the most extreme excursion, yet is light enough to enable fast movement, which means an accurate and tight bass response. Plus, the rubber surrounds are the best available, and provide quiet woofer movement and durability.

The Teteron tweeter, however, is the speaker's focal point. Arguably the most important element of a high-performance speaker, the tweeter disperses loud, clear, and accurate highs in a wide window from its unique faceplate. The durable synthetic Teteron material is also specially contoured to reduce distortion and fit into the custom-designed bezel, which amplifies and optimizes the tweeter's dispersion. Teteron is even impervious to moisture, so it won't change over time, nor does it have any inherent ringing problems--unlike the tweeters built into many conventional home theater speakers. And the best part is that Athena uses the Teteron tweeter in all its Audition series models, making it easy to create a seamless sounding home theater system.

Additional audio specifications range from a crossover point of 2.0 kHz to a sensitivity rating of 93 dB to power handling of 250 watts. And as with all quality speakers, the AS-F2-1 boasts sturdy gold-plated five-way binding post terminals that work with audiophile-grade cable up to 12 gauge in thickness. Want to use standard pins or banana jacks instead of bare wire? No problem. All this in an attractive black ash cabinet that looks great next to modern flat-panel displays and traditional tube TVs.

Though the AS-F2-1 works with almost any home theater system, it sounds particularly good when teamed with other speakers from Athena's Audition series. All Audition speakers are timbre matched for the best possible performance and are magnetically shielded to protect the onscreen image. In other words, you can place the AS-F2-1 near the TV without distorting the picture. In addition, listeners can locate the speaker close to any wall thanks to the orientation of the bass vent, which is purposely placed on the front of the cabinet. Finally, the speaker--which measures 9.5 by 41.5 by 15.5 inches (W x H x D)

Read more...

Floorstandin Audition Speaker Athena
Sponsored Link

Email post to a friendEmail Remove PostRemove Report post to the JLA FORUMS Admin TeamReport
HAL 9000
Diamond Forum Contributor

Add HAL 9000 to Friends

Send email
JLA FORUMS -> Classifieds -> FOR SALE - New England -> FOR SALE - Western Massachusetts All times are GMT - 4 Hours

JLA FORUMS - One of the largest message boards on the web!

Privacy Statement
You are not permitted to use this website if you under the age of 18.
By using this website you affirm that you understand and agree to our Terms of Service.

This website is best viewed at 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
© 1998-2014 JLA FORUMS